How a Clock Works

Slowly, definitely slowly and surely my In-Depth is moving forward. Several road blocks have got in the way, creating obstacles I work hard to avoid and issues I work hard to resolve. Barely, it seems like I am getting work done.

Today, I have to give a huge applause and thank you to Google and Google Reader. I never knew they could be so useful. Everyday, I search for information on clocks, clock repair services nearby, and build your own kits, using my favourite search engine; Google. And daily, I seem to fail. But today was different. Something that I didn’t have to work hard for just happened to pop-up, and help greatly.

Google Reader recognized how much interest and searches I have about clocks, and right here in the mix with all of my subscriptions was a subscription suggestion. It suggests I subscribe for a clock feed, one all about clocks, antique clocks, etc. And its been outstanding and incredibly helpful. I clicked open an article and whallah it was right there. A guide to how a clock works; from 1949! Exactly what I needed, a beginners guide to how an analog, wind up clock works. And because it’s from 1949, it doesn’t have to give you ten million references to modern day clocks. It gives you an idea only of how antique clocks work, which is a lifesaver at this point. It is a vintage Harold film, “How a Clock Works”

\”How a Clock Works\”

So, as I move forward, I realize I am making progress, just not at breakneck speed. Though I am yet to confirm a mentor I seem very close and overall I am very proud of my knowledge so far! The video has only helped solidify some of my current knowledge and I hope many more sources will help even more.

2 thoughts on “How a Clock Works”

1. Jonathan:

You are making progress and I think more than you seem to think. Any luck with the leads that I e-mailed you a while ago? How about those clocks you bought? Taken any more of them apart and reassembled them again?

Mulder